January 6, 2014

It's gonna be a trip

Many people ask, why India? Probably because they know I hate the heat and gag at anything that smells less than neutral. And truly, I have no great answer, nothing that is profound or earth shattering - other than I feel I am called to India. 

I am not a religious person, not overly spiritual and can barely keep a regular stretching schedule yet alone have a yogi I follow, but India has always spoken to me. And when something speaks to me, even if it took 34 years (wait, am I really that old?), I have decided to listen. 

I don't expect people to really follow my journey, it is more personal than anything else. I have a terrible memory and figure this blog will be a good way to keep track of the process. 

I named it Unless because that sums up my life. I have always been a nervous, type A personality. My life is filled with questions I demand answers to, questions that I always end with "unless this" or "unless that" happens. And like the printout of the 30 Dr. Suess Quotes that Can Change Your Life says at number 8, Unless! 

My journey doesn't begin unless I make the first move, unless I let it all go and just breath, unless I realize I can't control everything and unless I find contentment in the unknowing. So here it goes, Unless.....



1 comment:

  1. I love the sentiment Erin, you're off to a good start and your writing is wonderful. I can't wait to read more and see how India will change your life!

    ReplyDelete