You'll know how much I love the Tone it Up girls. Their lifestyle and workouts have changed the way I feel about my body and moving it. In the last few months I have tried to put fitness in the forefront of my mind. So today, I am sharing my thoughts on converting to a fitness lover - instead of a couch sitter.
1. It sucks. Yes, sitting on the couch always feels better. But I know after a workout I will feel good - but during, it sucks.
2. My shoes never seem right. Either too loose or too tight. Are my feet swelling? My socks suck. Seriously, annoying.
3. Am I the only one who can't pull off headbands? There aren't enough bobby pins in the world to hold this baby on.
4. Does shopping for workout clothes count as cardio? Because I tried on some tight leggings and I'm pretty sure my heart rate elevated.
5. Yoga mats can have the same feeling as a bathroom floor after a night with too much tequila.
6. No matter what time you choose to workout, your kids will need you urgently.
7. Zits, really? I'm 34 - this comes from sweating? OK, maybe it's time to back off the workouts. Can 90 seconds with my Clarisonic count as a spin session?
8. The Olympian sized pep talk required to convince yourself you aren't too tired to shower as you drive home from the gym.
9. Seriously, are my legs this weak? And how many days does "being sore" stick around for? Because I am thinking I may have a disease.
10. I hate runners, you make it all look so easy. My boobs hurt, my hamstrings feel like they are going to snap and my mouth has this excess spit I can't figure out what to do with it.
By no means am I an athlete, I may never be able to love working out - to feel the rush from a good sweat session. But damn it, I will keep pushing and maybe one day be able to not trip in front of my neighbor as I am attempting to run by him.

OMG! I can relate to all of these except the kid needing me urgently. I have a 17 year old son who only needs me urgently when he's out of food or cash and as long as he has x-box points and ramen while I work out, it's all good.
ReplyDeleteI am still waiting for the "runner's high" a year after starting to run. Seriously, when does that kick in? I ran one 5K and the only thing I felt was extreme happiness when it was over!
P.S. Have you tried the headbands from lululemon? They have rubber grips on them kinda like the ones on the bottom of little kid socks. I put it half on my forehead half on my hair and it holds really well. I love them.